Brightness Tester & Whiteness Tester
This brightness meter is mainly used to measure the whiteness of paper, paperboard, paper pulps, pulps of chemical fiber, cotton, chemical fiber, textile, plastic, starch, salt, white cement, porcelain clay and talcum powder, etc. AREAS OF APPLICATIONS :-
- PAPER : Brightness, Opacity, Gloss 75, Chromaticity, Transparency, Soap-stone
- Barytes Powders : Brightness, Whiteness.
- Salts, Atta, etc. : Brightness, Whiteness.
- Pharmaceuticals : Brightness, Whiteness.
- Cosmetics : Brightness, Whiteness, Chromaticity
- Paints : Chromaticity, Hiding Power, Colour matching, Gloss 60.
- Detergents : Brightness, Detergency Action of Detergents.
- Ceramics : Brightness, Chromaticity, Gloss.
- Sugar : Colour Index as per ICUMSA Brightness, Chromaticity,Luminous Reflectance, Matching of Sugar Samples.
- Textiles : Brightness, Lustre of Fabric, Chromaticity of dyes, pigments and also of finished surfaces.
- Pigments, Dyes : Chromaticity.
- Mech. Engg. : Sheen.
- Coffee : Colourr matching.
- Minerals : Brightness, Whiteness.
- Plastics : Chromaticity, Gloss 45.
SPECIAL FEATURES :
1. Calibration through Software thus linearity & consistency of the reading increases.
2. Heating in the main unit is minimised
3. Our equipments run from 180 V AC up to 240 V AC, to take care of low voltages due to load shading. We recommend the use of CVT ( 230V,500VArating). The magnetic field of the CVT isolates the equipment from mains supply properly.
4. The interference of the equipment with RF signals & static Electro Magnetic fields are eliminated.
5. Minimum MaintenanceTECHNICAL INFORMATION :
A) ELECTRICAL SYSTEM : MAIN UNIT
Input : 230 V AC ( Optional 115 V AC) Main supplyPrecision stabilised 230 V AC 50 Hz with 3-pin grounded outlet ( 5 Amp )Power Consumption : Generally 50W or lessDisplay : Digital Display L.C. 0.1% Dependable accuracy 0.2% or better.Reading Range : 0 to 199.9
B ) DIMENSIONS : MAIN UNIT
Unit Size : L 360 mm x B 250 mm x H 130 mmUnit Weight : 9.5 Kg
C) OPTICAL SYSTEM : DIRECTIONAL REFLECTANCE SENSOR
Source : CIE Source A ( Tungsten Lamp ) or Source C ( Halogen Lamp )Mode : Directional Reflectance0 0 Geometry : 0 incidence - 45 ReflectanceSample Area : Circle 18 mm diameter
D) Standard : Ceramic Tile calibrated with respect to BaSO4
E) Zero Std. : Cavity
F) Powder holders : Fabric / Stainless Steel having screw pressure to compact powders to eliminate manual errors
G) Brightness sensor and opacity sensors are fixed filter sensors and mounted on respective stands which facilitates its use.Gloss sensors are without stands.
H) All the sensors (i.e.Brightness, Opacity, Gloss) are permanently attached to the Main unit and using the selector switch one can select the required Sensor.
I) The digital readings are stable with tolerance of + 0.1% and with minimum temperature drift.